"Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,"
Sherlock's Pub -- This past Monday, Austin City Councilman Don Zimmerman spoke to Texans for Accountable Government's monthly meeting about how the council will operate in the future:
- Has asked for the city manager to be taken off the dias.
- Idea originally had broad support, but no other council member has said a word since Don challenged members to put their money where their mouth is.
- "I'm just planting seeds for what I think is going to happen in the future."
- "I'm going to predict that there's going to be a change in city [manager], but it's not going to happen right away."
- "The city is now a Leviathan."
- Re New Committee System: "The devil is in the details."
- Has asked to be assigned to CAMPO.
- Don will keep us informed of new developments.