The New Jerusalem
Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel. The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
The Glory of the New Jerusalem
But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
Pastor Danny Forshee. Great Hills Baptist Church. November, 15 2015:
The New Jerusalem - Dr. Danny Forshee - November 15, 2015 from Great Hills Baptist Church on Vimeo.
- The MAGNIFICENCE of the New Jerusalem (vv. 9-14)
- Glory of God
- New Jerusalem = Bride
- The MEASUREMENTS of the New Jerusalem (vv. 15-21)
- 1500 miles long, wide, and high.
- 90 million acres.
- The colors represent complete and indescribable beauty.
- The MISSING of the New Jerusalem (vv. 22-27)
B. Sun or Moon
- It only took God 6 days to create this Universe, imagine what Heaven's gonna be like if He's been working on it for over 2000 years
- Author's Note: We know God exists outside of the human conception of time. It's a figure of speech to illustrate the difference between Heaven and this world. Please do not send us hate mail.
- Refers to "the Lamb" 7 times.
- We're not going to have an eternal siesta; we're going to work for God.
- Endless learning
- The presence of God is with mankind forever.
- Do you have a reservation made for Heaven?!?